Once you find out that there is a problem with your boiler, the most obvious solution would be boiler repair. Even if the cost of boiler repair will result into unnecessary strain on your budget, it cannot be avoided otherwise your will be suffering the inconvenience of not having a working boiler. If only you have taken the necessary precautions, you wouldn’t be calling the emergency plumber to provide immediate boiler repair. Boiler inspection is the only effective way to avoid serious problems with your boiler. It also ensures the energy efficiency of your boiler to minimize your heating bills.
The most common boiler problems that you will encounter
- No heat or hot water- may be due to issues with your thermostat or low water levels. Potential cause may include a broken diaphragm or airlock which requires the services of the emergency plumber.
- Leaks and drips – there may be several reasons for leaks but the seriousness of the problem will likely depend on where the water leaks are coming from.
- Strange banging noises – common causes can be air in the system or the water pressure is too low
- Pilot light frequently goes off – it can be due to a draught blowing the pilot light out or the buildup of deposit
- Loss of pressure – if there is a water leak; loss of water pressure will follow. However, it may also mean that the pressure relief valve needs replacement.
- Frozen condensate pipes – without insulation, condensate pipes can freeze. Thawing should be done by the emergency plumber for safety reason
- Thermostat issues – means you need to invest in the best thermostat that modern technology can provide. Installing thermostats can also reduce your heating bills since you can control heat at specific areas of the home
- Kettling – is due to the buildup of scale and sludge on the boiler’s heat exchangers.
- Cold radiator – flushing the system will remove the buildup of sludge and scale that is preventing the free flow of hot water to the radiators.
- Boiler keeps shutting itself off – can be caused by a problem with the thermostat or low water pressure. It does not however mean that you have to start looking at new boilers.